The 1st International Conference on Helium Ion Microscopy and Emerging Focused Ion Beam Technologies (HEFIB 2016) was held from 8 to 10 June 2016. The programme focused on the following topics:
- Helium Ion Microscopy
- Emerging Focused Ion Beam technologies and novel ion sources
- Materials nano-modification and lithography
- Nano-imaging and nano-analytics, including correlative approaches
- Fundamentals and modelling on particle-matter interactions
- Instrument development
Consult and download the detailed programme and the list of posters (.pdf)
Book of Programme & Abstracts
You can now download the book of programme & abstracts (.pdf)
The HEFIB 2016 conference provides a space for exhibitors. The exhibition area is located in the Nic Klecker Space that will be used for the coffee breaks and lunches.
Here are the participating exhibitors:
Walking Excursion: On Thursday 9th, from 17:30
Enjoy walking around the city during 1,5 hours and discover the most beautiful corners and attractions of the city centre in company of an experienced guide: Place d’Armes, Constitution Square, Government District, Corniche, Monument of the Millenium, Old Town, Palace of the Grand Dukes (outside), Place Guillaume II.
- Departure: 17:30 at Neimënster Abbey
- End: 19:00 at Brasserie Roder
Conference Dinner: On Thursday 9th, at Brasserie Roder
Nestled on the ground floor of the Grand Hotel Cravat, Brasserie Roder declines gourmet cuisine with many traditional French Brasserie plates and typical Luxembourgian specialties.
- Start: 19:00
- Adress: 29, boulevard F.D. Roosevelt | L-2450 LUXEMBOURG
Post-conference Meetings & Visit
On 10th June 2015, the afternoon is available for meetings, discussions and a visit of the facilities of the host institution (Shuttle available).
Visit of the LIST facilities:
The visit will include a visit of the Materials Laboratories, in particular the Advanced Instrumentation for Ion Nano-Analytics (AINA) Laboratory.
Address: 41, rue du Brill - L-4422 Belvaux (GD Luxembourg)
A bus transportation will be available:
- Departure: at 14:00 from Neimënster Abbey
- Return: at 17:00 from LIST premises (Belvaux) to Luxembourg city (via Luxembourg Train station and Luxembourg airport)